The award-winning Prime line of mice set a new standard for ultra-lightweight design and feature the fastest and most accurate clicks
CHICAGO – SEPTEMBER 14, 2021 – SteelSeries, the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals, today announced the launch of the all-new Prime Mini and Prime Mini Wireless esports mice. Building on the award-winning success of the Prime franchise that revolutionized gaming mice technology with the first-ever optical magnetic switches in esports, the newest edition to the Prime series introduces a lineup of smaller, lighter mice featuring the same cutting-edge Prestige OM™ technology.
Fit, feel, and lightning-fast response time are crucial for fast attacks, melees, and (ultimately) wins. Featuring an ultra-lightweight, ergonomic shape with a smaller profile, the Prime Mini is engineered to be 12% lighter and the Prime Mini Wireless is sculpted to be 9% lighter within a form factor mini silhouette.
Each mouse in the Prime lineup is equipped with Prestige OM™ switches that are engineered to last 5x longer than the competition, providing crispy clicks with lightning-fast response times that harness the power of light. The revolutionary Optical Magnetic switches, the first OM switch in esports, actuate at quantum speeds so that gamers can beat the competition to the trigger every time. Not all clicks are made the same – most degrade with each click of the mouse. The unique Prime design utilizes a magnetic core to ensure that the 100 millionth click feels just as crispy as the very first.
The difference between winning and losing can be a matter of milliseconds. Purposefully designed for competition and engineered for performance, the Prime franchise builds on SteelSeries’ 20 years of innovation and pedigree as the original esports brand. Adopted by FaZe Clan’s Twistzz and Karrigan as the ‘go to’ choice for esports tournaments, the Prime franchise was developed with input and feedback from 100+ of the world’s leading competitive esports players.
Every aspect of the Prime esports line was meticulously designed with a single goal in mind: victory. Performance is standard. Features are optional. Gamers can choose from five options based on their style of play, grip, and fit: Prime Mini, Prime Mini Wireless, Prime, Prime+, and Prime Wireless.
• Prime Mini – Smaller. Lighter. Featuring a battle-tested form factor mini shape that has been constructed for sustained comfort at the highest levels of play, the Prime Mini’s ultra-lightweight silhouette weighs in at a mere 61g. The hyper-durable framework withstands the most intense wear and tear, and a textured matte finish ensures a non-slip grip. The TrueMove Pro sensor provides esports pro performance, and onboard customization makes selecting settings easy.
• Prime Mini Wireless – Smaller, lighter, and wireless. Taking the form factor shape of the Prime Mini and adding the option of being unbridled, the Prime Mini Wireless weighs in at only 73g to help reduce hand fatigue and a best-in-class battery provides features over 100 hours of gameplay plus fast charging. All the ingredients for victory come standard, including a hyper-durable design for intense wear and tear, a textured matte finish for a non-slip grip, and a TrueMove Air sensor for esports pro performance and onboard customization.
• Prime – Play like a Pro. Co-developed with the world’s leading competitive esports players, the Prime mouse has a battle-tested shape meant for sustained comfort at the highest levels of play. The original lightweight Prime design weighs in at only 69g to reduce hand fatigue when lifted, and the hyper durable design, textured matte finish, and TrueMove Pro sensor for esports pro performance with true 1-to-1 tracking, plus tilt tracking to eliminate unwanted tracking during angled drops, tilt slams, and quick flicks come standard.
• Prime+ – Play like a Pro with customization options. The Prime+ mouse takes the carefully crafted shape, hyper-durable design, and new textured matte finish and adds full onboard customization that requires no additional software. Its lightweight form factor weighs in at only 71g and a TrueMove Pro+ sensor provides pro esports performance with an additional sensor to detect lift-off distance.
• Prime Wireless – Play like a Pro with wireless freedom. The Prime Wireless mouse takes all the features of the Prime mouse and delivers an untethered wireless form with a best-in-class battery that provides over 100 hours of gameplay plus fast charging. Weighing in at only 80g, every component was carefully optimized for wireless gaming. A TrueMove Air sensor provides pro performance with true 1-to-1 tracking, and onboard customization makes selecting settings easy.
Winning is everything. To take home championship trophies, gamers need all their senses firing on all cylinders. And when it comes to gaming audio, the Arctis Prime headset builds on the award-winning heritage of the Arctis franchise and introduces a battle-tested, comfortable, lightweight, high-performance headset that delivers signature Arctis high fidelity sound and a state-of-the-art gaming microphone.
• Arctis Prime – Co-developed with championship-winning esports pros, the rally car of headsets introduces all-new noise Isolating leatherette ear cushions that crush the background noise while high fidelity audio drivers deliver maximum detail separation at the highest levels of gameplay. The Arctis Prime features lightweight durable metal construction, noise-canceling Discord-certified mic, detachable 3.5mm cable, and on-headset volume and mute controls.
SteelSeries has partnerships with some of the top global esports teams and influencers, including FaZe Clan, Red Bull OG, SpaceStation, Heroic, Enlife, among others. Fans can look forward to a new series of content specials on @SteelSeries, including pro tutorials, highlights, and much more.
Inspired by the rally car, the Prime franchise features a full lineup of ultra-lightweight, streamlined mice featuring only the best-in-class technology and innovation. All performance. No extras. Available at SteelSeries.com, the entire Prime esports line of products is now available for the following MSRPs:
• Prime Mini – North America for $59.99 | EMEA for €69.99 | APAC for $69.99
• Prime Mini Wireless – North America for $129.99 | EMEA for €139.99 | APAC for $139.99
• Prime – North America for $59.99 | EMEA for €69.99 | APAC for $69.99
• Prime+ – North America for $79.99 | EMEA for €89.99 | APAC for $89.99
• Prime Wireless – North America for $129.99 | EMEA for €139.99 | APAC for $139.99
• Arctis Prime – North America for $99.99 | EMEA for €119.99 | APAC for $119.99
About SteelSeries SteelSeries is the worldwide leader in gaming and esports peripherals focused on premium quality, innovation, and functionality. Founded in 2001, SteelSeries improves performance through first-to-market innovations and technologies that enable gamers to play harder, train longer, and rise to the challenge. SteelSeries is the pioneering supporter of esports and competitive gaming tournaments, connecting gamers and fostering a sense of community and purpose. SteelSeries’ family of professional and gaming enthusiasts are the driving force behind the company and help influence, design, and craft every single accessory and the brand’s software ecosystem, SteelSeries GG. In 2020, SteelSeries acquired KontrolFreek, the industry leader in high-performance controller accessories, and Nahimic, the leader in 3D sound solutions for gaming. To learn more about SteelSeries, visit SteelSeries.com and join the conversation at @SteelSeries.
+1 (971) 284-7984
Chicago, Sept. 14, 2021